Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Survey - butterflies

Walking in these forests (on account of the survey in Saiha (Mizoram)) we came across butterflies in large numbers; of these, I have been able to take pictures of and thereby identify only a few. Sharing the same in this post.

My limited skills in terms of butterfly identification as also the urge to enjoy the moment rather than work on taking pictures led to this ~

I also share a nice poem i came across today in September 2008 issue of Indian Lepidoptera shared by Kishen Das. It goes thus ~

Flutter by butterfly,
Floating flower in the sky,
Kiss me with your petal wings,
Whisper secrets tell of spring

Striped blue crow (Euploea mulciber)


Chocolate albatross (Appias lyncida)

Red helen (Papilio helenus)


Archduke (Lexias pardalis)

Sailer

Bush brown.


Thanking colleagues for walking along in these wonderful woods and Kishen Das for identification of the butterfly pictures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The beauty of the Nature the way you described I never read, never realized, I appreciate your work & describing skills to make us possible and vibrate to see all these with your eyes also the lovely poem I will always remember.

My best wishes are with you always
Sangeeta Verma

Unknown said...

nice captures. and like sangeeta said, great to see you capturing nature and emanating the soul of it into the rest of us :)